03 February 2006

 

Russian beer, Russian camera

The Lubitel has the word "LOMO" on its lens surround. So far as I know, the "L" in Lomo stands for Leningrad, formerly and now again known as St Petersburg.

When I was in Tesco last night, I saw this new brand of beer. I couldn't quite read the label. That's because it was in Cyrillic (no, I hadn't been drinking....). Off to the side there's a translation: "Baltika". It's a Russian brand. Russian vodka isn't a surprise, but beer is. What'll they be selling us next? Cameras? Anyway - I read the label and guess where it's brewed? Yeah - St Petersburg. So I couldn't resist putting these two Leningraders together.



Slainte.

Comments:
baltika is actually a very good beer. they make a porter that is stunning. their dark beer is tasty.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?